February 25, 2008

Grocery Bag for DH



I've been reading lots about making your own Grocery Bags. Of course, I had to try it. Like everyone I have 1000's of those plastic bags which I keep a few but mostly throw them away. Yes I know that's bad but gosh I can only keep so many and where I live we don't have a recycle center (that I know of).

I have to confess that last night I threw it in the trash because I just couldn't figure out the instructions. I decided to wing it and things went alot better. Now I did start out with the grocery bag instructions from Crafter.org (love that place). If I decide to make anymore I plan to cut the handles down by half as it's just too much bulk.

I needed a photo model and roped DH when he came home for lunch. LOL











Outside and Inside












So if you're sick of plastic bags ........ get those sewing machines humming and make yourself a few. Of course, I'll need about 15-20 for my grocery shopping but even 5-6 will help. AND the best part is you'll be StashBUSTING your stash.


Oh just found this one (tutorial).


Oh my gosh just saw this on another forum. It's from Martha Stewart's website. The video is about 9 minutes (first 5 minutes is on gords) ... it's a great idea.
AND last but not least ...... here's 35 resusable ones from tipnut.com

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love your grocery bag! I keep saying that I need to make some myself, but just haven't taken the time to do it!!

ponderpiggy said...

Great job, Sandy!!! I need to put this on my 'to do' list when I get home from AZ. Thanks for the inspiration!!!