February 27, 2008

BEST Brownies in the World

I just had to share what we had for dessert tonight. It was weight watcher Brownies (I've been on a diet all my life).

These 2 items

turned into this ...... sorry we couldn't wait to eat.


I got the recipe from WW Leader Heather in Ohio. I did add 2 egg whites as sometimes I find WW make-over recipes can be a little heavy in taste ..... so I added some fluff.
POINTS: Now for the items I used .... Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix (do not use fat free mix) and WalMart Black Beans the points would be
TOTAL.....2340 calories, 45 grams of fat, 4 fiber comes out to be:
2 points for 24 brownies,
3 points for 18 brownies,
or 4 points for 12 brownies.
That's straight out of the recipe builder. :)

If you REALLY want to lower the point count, make the brownies from scratch with Splenda instead of sugar. The sugar, alone with the 2.5 grams of fat per serving coming from the mix, is what makes the count higher than if you used healthier substitutes.
So next time I'm going to compare the brownie mixes at the store and see if I can find something with less calories. The count came from Heather on the WW forum who has access to the recipe builder. I'm a regular on the Neighbors Wild Wonderful West Virginia; Neighbors Taking it Off in Ohio and 50-year olds Quilters' Thread ........ we post everyday ...... love it.
Hope this helps. Remember though your points will depend on what brownie mix black beans you purchase. Again the recipe is on Heathers blog .

6 comments:

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Yum! I have to try these!

country mouse said...

Wow! I would have never thought of the black beans. How many points do the brownies have with this recipie? I'll have to try it someday.

Jen said...

Get Out!! Seriously? Do you mash the beans first?

Have you done the chocolate cake with pumpkin? My Husband has named it Crack Rock Cake because it's addictive!

It's been a while and I've sort of added things as I went. One Chocolate cake mix, one 15oz can of regular pumpkin. That much I'm positive on. I believe I use one single serve of non-sweetened apple sauce in place of the OIL, if it's really thick looking, sometimes I add water, sometimes I don't. If the cake isn't as high as you'd like, then add 1-2 egg whites the next time around. IT's SOOOOOOO moist and soooo worth it. I think if you cut it right, it comes out to like 1 point per piece; I typically do it as cupcakes so they're single serve then.

You don't taste the pumpkin at all. Are the brownies the same way?

Carolyn said...

Hi Sandy,
I'm going to try these this evening. Looks quick and easy.
Thanks for sharing,
WW Carolyn

SandyQuilts said...

Ladies I don't know the points BUT I'm working on finding out. I'll post as soon as I know. SORRY

Irene said...

Who would have thought black beans in brownies - now I'll have to try them!