February 11, 2008

Need A Laugh .........I Sure Do

This past week was super stressful for me. I found out that my dad's supplemental insurance stopped paying for his medications .... right now he's close to $1200 in the hole. No one notified us that January meds would not be paid for by the insurance company. Over a year ago he was diagnosed with dementia with possibly an Alzheimer's disease component. For the last year he's been living at the Inn At Marietta assisted living home where he receives his medications and regular, nutritiousl meals. Last Friday I was informed by the Ohio State Plumbers & Pipefitters Health & Welfard Fund Board that they will no longer pay for his medications. AND I was told " I had" to use CareMark for mail in prescriptions. Then I was told by the Inn at Marietta that "I had" to take care of ordering, delivery and keeping track of the medication to CareMark (note: I don't live in Ohio and it's 40miles). AND I found from CareMark that he has to have a credit card or debit card before I can order the medication. Now I cut up that credit card a year ago because he was charging like a wild animal. It never ends. I was on the phone from 9AM until 2PM trying to get this all straightened out.

So I've been pretty depressed ....... to cheer me up a friend sent me the following:




No matter what life throws at you,
No matter how long and treacherous your journey may seem Remember, there is a light at the end of tunnel







.................................LOL ........................

4 comments:

Paula said...

Bless your heart. There's nothing like caring for those who once cared for you! I know that the solution will present itself. Keep searching...BTW, I laughed at your picture of the dog. I suppose we all need a laugh, don't we?

Elaine Adair said...

I am so sorry that ANYONE must deal with this folderoll. My own Mom -- same story, different chapter. And if you turn your back for just a moment, new charges magically appear, out of nowhere!

LOVE the dog photo, though.

Hang in there!

Lady Beekeeper said...

Caring for an ill parent - that is so heart rending and stressful. Hang in there.

I also love the dog picture!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is a hilarious photo - I guess it puts some things in perspective lol -

Sorry about the trouble with ins. and meds. I think that is just a horrible way to treat people!