December 15, 2008

Twisted Turning Twenty part 5

I'm participating in Donna's In The Attic Blog sew along. We're making the Twisted Turning Twenty quilt with 12 fat quarters (6 light, 6 dark). Quilt is from the Original Turning Twenty Book by Tricia Cribbs .Every Monday Donna gives us our instructions.

My quilt top is finished.

I really wanted to have a narrow dark border then a 5" border but alas none of my stash worked nor did the two (2) fabrics I purchased. So I had to go with the pattern suggestion and add the outer rectangles edge.

DH (my quilt consultant) preferred the dark rectangles next to the dark block and light to light block. In the book it was suggested to place light rectangle to dark and dark to light.

What do you think ........ I think he did GOOD. In fact, he told me he likes this quilt more than any other one I've made since I started quilting six (6) years ago when I took early retirement from GE Plastics. I love all the fabric prints and colors together.

THANK YOU Sweetheart, I couldn't have done it without YOU.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOoooooooooHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh, Sandy!

I Love it!

Thank you so much for joining in the Quilt Party and Good Luck on being the Winner of the FREE Quilting!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Donna

Summerset said...

Looks great - I love the color placement of the rectangles in the border.

Alycia said...

I really like it! Great job!

jovaliquilts said...

I love the light/dark constrast on this one. Makes it so interesting!