December 13, 2007

Seat Cushions Renewed

Finally had time to help DD#1 with her dining chairs. Six years ago they lived in a tiny 2 bedroom house (3 kids) now 5 bedrooms and a large eat in kitchen. At that time SIL surprised DD#1 with a very pretty dining set but oh my the chair cushions were butte ugly. We recoved them but after about 7000 meals the cushions were beginning to resemble #2 butte ugly seating. Last week Joann's upholstery fabric was 50% off ...... so off we went. DD#1 picked out a beautiful green velvet like fabric (photo doesn't do the fabric justice). So last night squeezing every inch out of the 2 yards DH and I recovered the chair. Man they look super new (again). AND DH got to use the nailer that was a bonus when he purchased the air compressor for Prince Charming (long arm).











3 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

You came on my blog site today and asked me where I got the pattern for the Rose quilt. It's called French Rose and I got it at the quilt shop where I live (No. Ca.)
Thanks for stopping by.

Irene said...

Chairs look great - but you let Doug handle a tool????? Are you sure that was safe? :-)

Anonymous said...

Those chairs look just like ours - bought from Freedom in about 1990 - recovered many times - now they have a slipcover over them - still going strong!!

Kate in Capalaba, Queensland, Australia