December 1, 2007

Advent Calendar



Dowl rod in top and bottom.

This is an Advent Calendar. Normally candy is placed in each pocket and the child takes it out each day. We plan to do a combo of candy, money, IOU notes and prizes for our 3 GC.

I purchased this kit shortly before my GS was born 7 years ago. So guess it's kind of a UFO. I purchased it from Quilt Trends, Columbus, Ohio. Plus you needed the book Simple Fabric Folding for Christmas by Liz Aneloski to complete the project. Several of the fabrics I didn't like so pulled a couple from my stash. It took forever to sew on the numbers and jingle bells. In order to get Mrs. Claus in the center each square had to be fussy cut, all 50 of them. Whewwwwwwwwwww

I only quilted in the red/gold fabric and it's SOSID (sort of stitch in the ditch). I don't care for hanging sleeves so I used the 4 corner sleeve idea from Ami Simms.

Can't wait for my 3 GC to see it this evening.

No comments: