First off comes the seats.
The chairs are reconditioned with Formby's Lemon Oil (love that stuff).
She picked out upholstery fabric when Joann's had it at 50% off .... great deal.
I like to add regular cotton fabric underneath the upholstery to give it stability.
To hold it all together I use quilting basting spray, lightly.
Now that foam is a little hard so I got the idea of adding 2 layers of fleece. I scrounged around in my fleece scraps and zig zaged them together. That is know as "stashbusting".
Upholstery fabric is cut about 3" larger than the actual seat size. I did this so I'd have plenty of wrap around to accommodate the foam, 2 layers of fleece and 2 layers of cotton.
We decided to stable the cotton lining on first. This way we didn't have to worry about anything sliding or getting out of place.
Just a few stables all around to hold it in place.
I cut out the corners to reduce the bulk.
Corners are neatly folded over and stapled in place.
The upholstery fabric is stapled on, the opposing corners are stabled.. The fabric was fraying a bit so I used Fray Check only on the upholstery fabric.
The last touch was DH used a touch-up marker to fix scratches on the chairs.