August 30, 2010

Receiving Blanket Tutorial

I never imagined I'd make receiving blankets but GD#3 likes her blankets big. She's not a fan of the snugglers but loves her big girl receiving blankets.

CIMG0228

AND she's very happy.
Photo0230 2
(taken with my Samsung phone thus poor quality)

I'm sure everyone knows how to make them but here's a little, quick tutorial my way.

I buy 1.25yds of flannel. Wash and dry to shrink the fabric.
CIMG0236

Even up the edges and trim off the selvages.
CIMG0237

I round my corners so find a circle that works for you, mark with pencil and cut off with rotary cutter or good scissors.
CIMG0240

I use my very old serger to finish all around. You can thread the tails back through or I use Fray Check.
CIMG0241

Corners
CIMG0233

Edge
CIMG0234

Poof approximately 42" square receiving blanket (oops ignore the trash cans)
CIMG0231

No comments: