May 4, 2009

Tribute to MISTER

It is with a heavy heart that I write our sad news on MISTER, my DH's beloved companion, passed away on Wednesday.

He took ill on Sunday with his little left back leg no longer working. DH rushed him to the vet on Monday morning. Lots of tests later showed that he had many medical problems and probably had cancer.

Mister came to our house several summers ago as a stray. From the onset DH and Mister were constant companions. When winter came Mister became part of the family. He loved DH very much, laying by the bathroom door, crying when DH went to work and loved being cradled in DH's arms. He definitely was a one man cat.

We will miss him very much. We're sure he's at Rainbow Bridge with our beloved dog Buddy Butte.



Mister

12 comments:

Julie said...

I was so sad to read this. I enjoyed the little slide show tribute. I am sure that Mister knew how lucky he was to have found a good home for his last years. Please tell your husband that I am very sorry that he lost his companion.

sophie said...

Sandy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets ask so little of us yet contribute so much to the quality of our lives . . . and leave such a hole when they are gone.

Deborah Levy said...

I'm very sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. I know all too well how hard it is.

Brenda said...

I am very sorry to hear about Mister. I am so glad he found your home to make his years full of love, and I know he will be missed. He choose you for his family, and he will be greatly missed. Huge Hugs for your family - may the loss bring back all the great memories. So you will still feel his love.

Shelly said...

My heart goes out to you. I know how quickly they become family and it's hard to lose them.

ponderpiggy said...

Sandy,
Mister looks like our Smokey Anne, who is at the Rainbow Bridge...they could be twins. I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is.
Hugs to you and DH...

Crispy said...

I'm so sorry Sandy, I know our furbabies are just as important to us as our real ones.

Crispy

Carolyn said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Pets are part of every family. Thanks for sharing the story of Mister.
Hugs to you and your DH.

Lynn W. said...

It is hard to say goodbye to such gentle companions. He will be missed and always remembered. You and DH took good care of him. Lynn

Mad Red Hare said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. But at least he had a good home with your family for the latter part of his life.

Anita in Florida said...

Sandy, I am so sorry for the loss of Mister. He was a lucky kitty to have had you and your husband to love him in his last years. I am sure he will be missed. Thanks for slide show. Take care.

pwl said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Mister obviously found a loving home in which to be adored. He was very lucky.